Addressing the Dynamics of Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Dear Shoppers and Team Members,
As a local grocer, we understand the critical nature of our business and the service we provide to the local community. We have been monitoring, planning and working diligently to address the Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation prior to it spreading into our community.
The safety and health of our shoppers, team, warehouse team, support staff and the community at large is our prime concern. We are committed to taking action in order to prevent any unnecessary risk there might be with the virus. The situation is changing quickly and our team is moving rapidly to adapt and implement best practices throughout our stores.
Because of the role we play in the community, we are coordinating with and monitoring the State Health Department and CDC to ensure we are taking steps to protect our team and guests. Additionally, we are working with these entities to make sure we have solid short and long-term plans in place to make sure we are here to serve you as this situation unfolds.
We continue to implement practices as we have watched what is happening in China and around the world. Over the past 5-6 weeks, we have had a team working on plans, communicating with local officials and establishing regular communication with our stores. Additionally, we have implemented a variety of precautionary measures and will continue to do so as the situation unfolds. These include:
- New hygiene and handwashing signage that have been placed in all public and team member restrooms and breakrooms.
- We have provided enhanced guidelines for the stocking of in-store sanitizing tools, including our cart wipes, hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the store.
- We have reviewed and reinforced the importance of our sick leave policy.
- We have trained and implemented step-by-step protocols for dealing with a sick team member or shopper.
- We have asked any partners or team members that have traveled internationally to not come to work.
- We have temporarily suspended the use of reusable and refillable cups in our stores.
- We are suspending all sampling and sampling events in stores until further notice.
- As is standard practice in all food-handling departments, team members are required to wash their hands and wear protective gloves.
As you shop with us, we would ask that you:
- Use cart wipes on regular and hand carts.
- If you are sick, we’d ask that you ask a friend or family member shop for you until you are well.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- If visiting our restrooms or when blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. If the restroom is unavailable, please use one of the hand sanitizer stations that are available throughout the store.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Please maintain social distance of 3 feet. Avoid shaking hands or hugs.
- If you get sick while in the store, please leave or if emergency assistance is needed, please contact a team member immediately.
- If you are uncomfortable shopping in the store, we would encourage you to use our online shopping service where we offer both curbside pickup and delivery.
In the last week, we have seen a dramatic uptick in business. This has led to us having to limit quantities on some items. This is being done on a store-by-store basis. We appreciate the understanding, cooperation and support you have shown. We have the best team and shoppers in the state.
Updated Item Limits
To help as many guests as possible, we are limiting the purchase of most products in the store to a limit of 2 per household. For a full list of limited items click here.
Senior Shopping Hour
Starting Thursday, March 19 to better protect those who are most at risk, we are offering senior shopping hours. All stores will offer seniors (guests 60+) 1 hour of designated shopping and pharmacy time prior to current store hours. Learn more about Senior Shopping Hour here.
Due to the current situation, we are suspending all weekly ads. Our current focus is keeping our guests and teams safe, maintaining cleaning processes and keeping our stores stocked. We will resume our weekly ads as soon as possible.
Effective immediately and because of growing health concerns, we will no longer be accepting returns of food, paper products, sanitary (cleaning supplies), baby items and medicines.
Closed Seating Areas
For the safety of our guests and to encourage recommended social distancing practices, our seating areas are temporarily closed.
Temporary Store and RX Hours
These adjusted and temporary store hours will allow our teams to assure our facilities are cleaned and sanitized as well as stocked and ready for the next business day. Stay up-to-date on current operating hours here.
Until further notice, all Citrus Pear classes have been cancelled to maintain the safety of our guests and team members.
Your Fresh Market Team